Looking for occasional work for additional income? Rock the House Entertainment is in need for assistance for certain upcoming events and wants to talk to you! We've expanded our services and will be needing assistance with setting up, tearing down at large events with time constraints; running our photo booth when both DJ and Photo Booth services are booked for events and possibly more as you learn.
To be considered for work with Rock the House Entertainment, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be available to work weekends - Saturdays mostly with occasional Sunday work
- Be people oriented: you will be interacting with clients directly at their events, so you must have a great personality and be able to work under stress. You will also be interacting with kids.
- Have your own reliable form of transportation: Most events you will meet with the DJ at the venue and assist with set up or be setting up the photo booth on your own. Must be able to work independently. Some events are on a bus line while most are not directly by a bus stop, so you should have a car of your own. On occasion, there will be times you ride along if the event is out of town. Please note events run until Midnight with a return trip getting you home around 2-3am in the morning.
- Reliability: You must be reliable - cancelling on the day of will not be tolerated without good cause. Once you accept an assignment, it is your duty to ensure you show up on time.
- You need to be able to lift up to 50 lbs without help - you will be responsible for all equipment under your care. All equipment must be returned in the same condition in which it was given to you.
- Background Check: You will need to pass a basic criminal background check
Please read this section thoroughly: As a worker for Rock the House Entertainment, you will be your own worker - this position is as a contractor; therefore you will be responsible for your taxes on any income earned. You will need to fill out the proper paperwork prior to hire so your earnings can be reported to the IRS.
Rock the House Entertainment does not charge our clients for the time it takes to set up or tear down our equipment. With that said, during the set up portion and post - event tear down time, your pay will be minimum wage. Once set up and the event is underway, starting pay is $10 per hour for hours you physically train on the job. Once fully trained and you are setting up and running gear on your own, pay will be between $15 - $25 per hour depending on responsibilities and work history with us. Regardless of training, time spent setting up before the event and the tear down after the event your pay will be minimum wage. Parking: Most venues have free parking, however some require paid parking. Rock the House Entertainment will reimburse you 50% of the cost of parking at venues with paid parking.
Interested in a job with Rock the House Entertainment, or want to know more? Please email your resume with any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org